Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Designing and reviewing layouts of switchgear models using Autodesk Inventor
- Assist in the construction of customized and prototype switch gear
- Convert 2D AutoCAD drawings into 3D Inventor models and drawings
- Create and update mechanical and assembly drawings
- Create and update manufacturing Bill of Materials
- Work on solving “form / fit” problems
- Assist with improvements to Manufacturing Information databases and other lean initiatives
- Process engineering change notices
- Work collaboratively in the implementation of new products
- Performs all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics as well as Safety and Environmental standards with commitment to safety and cost improvement
- Must successfully pass a background check including criminal, education and employment verification
- Must be currently enrolled in a co-op program with a focus on mechanical engineering OR
- Must be a recent graduate in a co-op program with a focus on mechanical engineering OR
- Must have prior experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Basic knowledge of Autodesk Vault
- Understanding of electrical single line diagrams
- Strong knowledge of Inventor 2012 or later
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to read, interpret and generate assembly drawings
- Strong working knowledge of metal fabrication and manufacturing techniques
- Able to take initiative, with keen attention to detail
- Successful incumbent must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No