Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The sourcing and Industrialization manager oversees purchasing of assigned commodities/stock to ensure an uninterrupted supply at optimum cost and quality, while balancing OTP and DOH. This position is responsible for the supply chain setup of purchased components and assemblies considering optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery). Develop, deploy, and manage all related contracts to setup a world class supplier base regionally & globally (CM support) including supplier development, driving continuous cost out while maintaining desired BBBEE level. Drive all defined and required steps and actions in order to fulfill requirements of the supplier management process. Develop market knowledge and expertise in order to provide leadership guidance for whole organization in the region. Collaborate with other functions (category management, operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence. The above mentioned applies to new, as well as exciting supply base.
This position is in charge of implementing commodity strategies developed by the GCMs / RCMs / CMs and building successful relationships with key vendors and suppliers. Key goals of the position are to develop and integrate African suppliers to achieve an appropriate balance between supplier quality/delivery expectations, cost reduction mandates and BBBEE level. Scope of the position encompasses major suppliers, broad mix of commodities. It also entails the operational logistics function, ensuring in time deliveries to the organization as well as to its customers
· Managing the whole process needed to finally define a purchased item in the system, which is including the RFQ, offer analysis, supplier selection, contracting, setting up parts in the ERP system until finale release of parts (PPAP).
· Coordinate activities with Category Management team in order to make best use of existing expertise and scale to achieve best in class direct material cost competitiveness, capability expertise, contract management alignment between supplier and customers, and ES category strategy adherence
· Align with Category Management team feedback any on improvement suggestions, (best practice), best practice usage in the area of should costing and E-Aunctions in order to achieve optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery) both within NPD and within existing product lines within sides
· Drive Supplier development and cost out process to achieve a yearly 5% cost reduction, drive continuous should cost analysis, net 90 as desired payment terms.
· Participate daily production meetings, drive the order management (Forecast, performance, quality), assist in solving existing quality problems, which results into 100% delivery performance and 0 DPPM as the ultimate goal.
· Manage interface to engineering/QS (e.g. new parts sourcing, PPAP), manufacturing engineering (e.g. make/buy), operations (e.g. daily order fulfillment) and finance (cost).
· Support New Product Developments to drive optimal cost for the whole organization in the region in line with short, medium and, long term strategies.
· Educate, train and prepare the plant supply chain team in order to create a team which is able to support/work towards above described tasks.
· Responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies including make vs buy, as well as develop process/structure to define logistics model with suppliers and seamless execution of the same with three plants.
· Create business platform to optimize inventory management and supplier spend to enable the plant share inventory, define business share and tooling capex with suppliers.
· Leads contract negotiations with local suppliers
· Establishes and implements programs to maintain BBBEE requirements (currently level 1 contributor) and report on monthly basis.
· Provides monthly reporting on Spend, Cost Out, Supplier On-Time Delivery Performance and Supplier Quality Performance incl. corrective action plans for worst offenders. Applies in depth knowledge of total management of the material purchase (total cost of ownership) and metrics to base supplier performance evaluation criteria for future buy decisions.
· This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least five years of supply chain experience.
· A technical education background considered as an advantage.
· Previous specific Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience considered as an advantage.
· Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing/ Assembly plant environment considered as an advantage
· Preferred Knowledge & Training
· Strong ability to achieve results
· Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
· Possesses sound knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out through disciplined Project Management.
· Desktop Analytics (MS Excel skills are a necessity)
· Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
· ERP system knowledge, SAP considered as an advantage
· Good knowledge of the PROLaunch system
· High product, process and technology orientated knowledge, especially in the area of responsibility (CXH, UX, ACB – respectively low and medium voltage) related production technology equipment
· This position requires absolute adherence to Eaton’s Professional and Ethical Standards
· Fluent in English
· Understanding of various culture aspects within Europe, APAC and US
· Interface for knowledge transfer to Operations, SCM, R&D and QS and to US/APAC in case of processes and technology
· This position requires self-motivation in analytical and problem solving skills, which include knowledge of supply chain and commodities strategies and solutions.
· This position requires effective management abilities for understanding and organizing processes, services and materials toward effective outcomes.
· This position requires an individual who contributes individually to the achievement of the Supply Chain vision, strategies and goals and who works effectively with others in a group setting.
· This position requires skills in managing and communicating in cross-functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time