Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Materials Engineering Specialist
We are looking for an Materials Engineer Specialist (Metals) in Valinhos, SP.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Responsible for analysis/characterization of Several Material trough Global Vehicle Group;
- Responsible for apply the state of the art materials in the R&D, Production and Quality Areas to support the development of new products and improve the current ones;
- Responsible for the manufacturing processes optimization, reducing costs, timing and energy;
- Responsible for support and develop new materials test methodologies using our Global Test Lab Facilities.
- B.S. Engineering, preferable Materials or Metallurgical;
- Experience in the automotive parts industry;
- Experience in heat treatment processes and other special processes (forging, welding, surface treatment, ferrous and non-ferrous casting);
- Fluent English.
Desired/preferred Education and Knowledge:
- MSc or PhD Engineering
- Experience with project management; design of experiments;
- Basic knowledge in FMEA, MSA, PPAP, APQP, and Statistical Process Control
- Certification in Six Sigma – DFSS or DMAIC
- Experience into research laboratories
- Experience in Power Train Vehicle Tests
- Experience in Polymeric materials
- Experience in Steelmaking, Powders/Sintering and Investment Casting
- Experience in Failure Analysis
- Experience in Nanotechnology
- Experience in Friction Material Manufacturing Process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time