Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Eaton’s Vehicle Products Portfolio includes manual and automated truck transmissions and clutches, hybrid powertrain systems, drivetrain, suspension, wheel-end and safety systems, anti-lock braking as well as air, transmission, and fuel management controls, automotive fluid connectors, engine air management systems, engine valves and lifters and limited-slip and locking differentials. Eaton's automotive business employs nearly 10,000 people and is headquartered in Southfield, Michigan. It has more than 30 manufacturing locations worldwide. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
Eaton’s production site in Bielsko-Biala was launched in 2005 and currently employs more than 700 people. The product portfolio covers Engine Valves, Lifters and Valve Actuation, which are supplied to global automotive customers.
· Ensures that Bielsko-Biala Plant complies with all statutory requirements for the regulations and Eaton policies (including subcontractors).
· Manages and lead site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Leads a corporate-wide project aimed at Bielsko-Biala becoming a Model Plant from EHS perspective.
· Achieves and maintain status of Zero Accident Plant through safety promotion, leadership, risk elimination, people involvement, training and development of different site levels, systems .
· Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, front-line supervisors and leaders to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
· Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH and safety elements.
· Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
· Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage all required data.
· Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives. Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
· Manages projects (cost-out, one database for quality and EHS work instructions, etc.)
· Manages interdisciplinary team responsible for 3 areas: health and safety, environment and auxiliary equipment. Has 4 direct reports: 2 EHS engineers and 2 indirect specialists; is responsible for their development and planning and succession
· Reports directly to Plant Manager and functionally to EHS Manager – Europe
· Assure compliance with EHS regulations, IATF 16494 & ISO 14001
· Managing projects and active participation in projects processes.
· Participations in audits e.g. 5S, IATF 16949, ISO, LPA, LOTO, observation of behaviors.
· Knowledge and interpretation of the requirements of IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, MESH, VDA 6.1, EQMS, and specific customer requirements within the scope of responsibilities.
· 7-10 years' experience in similar position;
· Bachelor’s degree at minimum, preferred technical degree
· Very good knowledge of Polish EHS Law standards;
· Demonstrated ability in budgeting, forecasting, manpower planning, training techniques, human relations skills, supervisory techniques;
· Fluency in Polish and advanced English skills;
· Experience and knowledge of modern management techniques;
· Ability to work in international, corporate environment;
· Advanced MS Office skills.
· Other skills as assigned in Skill Matrix
What Eaton offers:
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time