Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Subcontract Program Manager
Manages subcontractors of critical components during the development phase of New Programs integrating Supply Chain to ensure suppliers meet program Cost / Schedule / Performance requirements in accordance with the PROLaunch process.
· Ensure the supply chain is fully engaged from Customer RFQ through the various reviews including System Requirements, Preliminary Design, Critical Design, Test Readiness and new program awards.
· Understand critical paths with the Eaton prime program (proposal stage, pending win, win development, test, transition to production) including supplies dependencies and new program awards.
· Leads review of proposal response and prepares team (procurement, technical, quality) to audit potential suppliers.
· Evaluates supplier Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Project plan for feasibility and sufficient detail to ensure key milestones such as completion of Concept Design, Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR), and Production Readiness Review (PRR) are scheduled and completed to program plan.
· Managers with the Commodity Lead, subcontract negotiations ensuring Non-Disclosure (NDA), Long Term Agreements (LTA), or other contractual vehicles include protection of Eaton Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Proprietary data and Non-compete requirements
· Manages with the subcontract by leading the Supply Chain team with assigned subcontractor through regularly scheduled program reviews with defined agendas and action lists for follow-up/close out.
· Ensure project compliance to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulation as applicable (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.).
· Utilizes common processes, procedures, practices and templates from project inception through completion. Proposes new processes, procedures, practices and templates to Supply Chain Program Management council when required.
· Co-leads the Supply Chain Integration Product Team (with the project manager), Eaton project team leads and engineering, ensuring effective teaming to support the program.
· Develop with the IPT the Risk Management/Mitigation plan and ensure the plan is fully understood, deployed and periodically reviewed by the IPT and Eaton management.
· Integrate supplier in the Design Phase assuring participation in Design Reviews to maximize leverage during the design phase of design alternatives and solutions focusing on Coast As an Independent Variable.
· Establishes link from Customer Requirements to Supplier Statement of Work and Performance Based Specifications. Ensures statement of work and performance based specifications are kept current as design decisions are made.
· Manages and documents major milestone progress and completion such as PDR, CDR, TRR, etc
· Ensures a supply chain solution that meets the budget and profit plan for the project.
· Program/ Subcontract Management experience of complex, multi-million dollar, supplier of a major program(s)
· Vision (looking forward) to see total scope of Program progress and able to move subcontractor along as necessary to keep progress moving (e.g. vision within the Supply Chain to detect other critical path processes that could impact subcontractor processes)
· Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to interface at all levels is key. Major support activities with Corporate, Customer Response, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing
· Leadership skills across multiple sites in a matrix reporting structure
· Bias for action/ability to get results…self-starter and good decision making skills
· Team building skills. Ability to positively influence others. Creative thinker.
· Desire to work in a collaborative environment
· Thorough knowledge of materials, lean manufacturing, source of supply, purchasing policies and procedures, supplier capabilities, performance and improvement, and information systems.
· Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
· Business Acumen with a keen understanding of the aerospace / defense markets and related business segments (finance, contracts, logistics, aftermarket, manufacturing, engineering)
· Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
· Knowledge of database and application software concepts and structures, as well as ERP implementation
· Develop Value Stream Maps and Business Case Analyses
· Strong planning/project management skills
· Utilizes common processes, procedures, practices and templates from project inception through completion. Proposes new processes, procedures, practices and templates to the SCPM council when required.
· Understands critical paths with the programs (proposal stage, pending win, win) including supplier dependencies and new program awards
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
5 year’s experience in Supply Chain, Program Management, or Contracts.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation offered.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, supply chain management, engineering or program management from an accredited institution.
· Master’s degree in business, economics, supply chain management, engineering or program management from an accredited institution.
· Experience in an Aerospace environment, metal fabrication, electronics, purchasing, and materials management positions.
· Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), and/or Program Management Professional (PMP) certification.
· Background and knowledge in/or Enovia (product life cycle management), Oracle, MFG/Pro, Cognos and other equivalent ERP / MRP software packages.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time