Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Custom Order Engineer - Switchboards
- You will reconcile pricing and lead time requests of incoming orders, using information supplied through Bid Manager, Vista and other communications from field sales and/or channel partners, verifying that the plant's manufacturing capabilities can support lead-time requests.
- You will verify that complete and accurate order entry information has been received from field sales and/or channel partners on incoming switchboard orders.
- You will support field sales and channel partners on post order entry issues.
- You will prepare Manufacturing Information (MI) for less complex switchboard configurations, utilizing MI Manager, AutoCAD, and Plant Order Manager.
- You will interface with customers, channel partners, Field-Sales, and EatonCare through participation in plant visits, training support and customer events.
- You will schedule orders for production, reconcile customer requested ship dates with product line standard lead times and manufacturing capacity. Utilize AS400 programs (OMS and Allocation System) as well as Microsoft Excel to accomplish scheduling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Engineering from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date by June 2018.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with MRP/ERP Systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated technical and application knowledge of switchboards
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal & written communications, organizational & computer skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico