Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Quality Engineer - Customer Support
Eaton Corporation has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer – Customer Support located in Sumter, SC.
Reporting to the Plant Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer-Customer Support will be responsible for customer quality problem solving activity for all Sumter SC customers, working with cross-functional teams to identify root causes and generate corrective action plans. This position is a leader of people and also drives cycle time reduction for customer issue problem resolution and process continuous improvement.
- Uphold responsibilities for customer quality problem solving activity for all Sumter customers. Serve as the key coordinator/representative for the Sumter quality team
- Work with plant cross functional team to identify root causes and generate corrective action plans, and communicate with customers as appropriate.
- Work with divisional and plant cross functional teams to maintain and improve the design, assembly, front end, and warranty management system.
- Lead and conduct customer satisfaction improvement workshops to improve group customer quality to exceed customer expectations.
- Partner with engineering, sales and marketing teams to resolve critical customer issues.
- Conduct customer relationship building and enhancement through regular Voice of Customer activities, i.e. Factory Witness Test, Customer Visits, and Internal-Operational processes. This will include customer visits and communications.
- Communicate with Customers using statistical analyses to drive internal continual improvement through design, process or supplier quality improvement.
- Lead 8Ds and 5 Why Improvement Projects that support internal / external customer satisfaction.
- Support ISO 9001 and EQMS Policy Deployment and Internal Audits / 5 Whys which drive I Own Quality Policy.
- Support and Lead Supplier Quality Processes and Improvements.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures, including 5S+ requirements. Additionally, responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to appropriate management or MESH representative. Correct unsafe hazards and conditions. Timely closure of correction actions including inspections and investigations. Meet department MESH goal and attain at least 90% on department monthly 5s audit checklist.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year experience leading projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US on a continuous basis without Company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in quality engineering from an accredited institution.
- Six sigma certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving methodology, including 8D, 5WHY.
- 5 years experience direct management of quality, customer service activities and/or projects.
- 5 years experience in the electrical industry, including knowledge of Switchboard and Panelboard assemblies.
- 3 years managing direct reports and/or project teams.
- 3 years of experience developing Excel spreadsheets for business analytics.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time