Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Engineer 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for 2nd Shift. The Manufacturing Engineer will be based at our Vicksburg, MS facility.
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety.
· Interface directly with all levels of manufacturing and product engineering, and be responsible for process improvements and controls, machine capacity/capability studies, equipment selection and qualification, and adherence to company procedures and quality standards.
· Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing equipment issues, and write engineering documents to support changes.
· Assist in design, maintenance and interpretation of meaningful and accurate performance measurement systems to increase production efficiency and cost effectiveness.
· Design, procure, and implement fabrication, fixture and manufacturing equipment. Direct the procurement of specialized tools, fixtures and gauges by evaluating design concepts, initiating tool orders, and justifying expenditures. Support tooling, setup & related production requirements.
· Analyze the manufacturing impact of vendor evaluations and participate in vendor selection decisions.
· Identify and meet the need for application of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement methods, including development and execution of productive maintenance and corrective and preventative action plans & systems.
· Enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
· Give technical direction for initiating and maintaining production capability of assigned components.
· Provide manufacturing support documentation necessary for each operation.
· Understand and drive the implementation of all appropriate elements of the Eaton Business System.
· Maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis, technology applications, design modifications, and improved labor utilization. Prepare cost estimates and justifications, as necessary.
· Assist in training new employees.
· Provide necessary interdepartmental communication between Engineering, Production and others to accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
· Perform other related tasks and assignments, as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 3 months of engineering experience (including co-op/internship experience).
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Experience with electrical schematics.
· Minimum 2 years of engineering experience.
· SAP business system experience.
· Lean/Six Sigma training and/or certifications.
· Ability to coordinate engineering projects and demonstrate engineering technical expertise to a team.
· Excellent communication skills and proficient engineering report writing skills.
· Must have the ability to function in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision, while performing multiple tasks.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
· Strong time management skills.
· Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
· Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time