Supply Chain Program Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace – Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Sub-Contract Program Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS location (Remote work is authorized for this role).
The Sub Contract Program Manager will be responsible for managing, in a matrix environment, subcontractors of critical components during the development phase of New Programs. Subcontract Program Management focuses on ensuring Program Management discipline is integrated into the Supply Chain, ensuring suppliers meet the program Cost / Schedule / Performance requirements in accordance with the PROLaunch process. This role focuses on the management of the subcontractor versus the subcontract (i.e. management of the supplier versus management of PO deliverables) from Phase 0 Concept thru Phase 6 Transition to Production ensuring maximum supplier involvement from project launch through rate production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Responsible for the smooth and effective Program Management of the subcontractor, ensuring smooth flow of customer requirements through the supply chain. Position is oriented toward management of the SUBCONTRACTOR as opposed to management of a SUBCONTRACT
· Manages, with the Commodity Lead, subcontract negotiations ensuring Non-Disclosure (NDA), Long Term Agreements (LTA), or other contractual vehicles include protection of Eaton Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Proprietary data, and Non-Compete requirements.
· Manages the subcontractor by leading the entire business plan with assigned subcontractor through regularly scheduled program reviews with defined agendas and action lists for follow-up/close out.
· Ensure project compliance to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulations as applicable (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, et.al.).
· Utilizes common processes, procedures, practices and templates from project inception through completion. Proposes new processes, procedures, practices and templates to SCPM leadership when required.
· Understands critical paths within the programs (proposal stage, pending win, win) including supplier dependencies and new program awards.
· Co-leads the Supply Chain Integrated Product Team (with the project manager), Eaton project team leads and engineering, ensuring effective teaming to support the program.
· Develop with the IPT the Supply Chain Risk Management / Mitigation plan and ensure the plan is fully understood, deployed and periodically reviewed by the IPT and Eaton management.
· Integrate the supplier in the Design Phase assuring participation in Design Reviews to maximize leverage during the design phase of design alternatives and solutions focusing on Cost as an Independent Variable.
· Establishes the link from the Customer Requirements to the Supplier Statement of Work and Performance Based Specifications. Ensures the SOW and PBS are kept current as design decisions are made.
· Manages and documents the major Supply Chain milestone progress and completion. Delivers purchased material budgets and profit plans for assigned projects.
· Accepts flex assignments from time to time as required by Division.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Program Management, or New Program Development.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for the position. Remote work is approved for this role.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
· Engineering and purchasing experience combined is strongly preferred.
· BA/BS Masters preferred.
· Experience in an Aerospace environment.
· Experience in materials management positions a plus.
· CPIM, CSCP, and/or PMP certification desired.
· Background and knowledge in/or Enovia (product life cycle management), Oracle, MFG/Pro, Cognos and other equivalent ERP / MRP software packages.
· Candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the listed Eaton Aerospace FED facilities are preferred: Jackson, MI; Beltsville, MD; Bethel, CT; Chelsea, MA; Fort Worth, TX; Glenolden, PA; Toccoa, GA; Torrance, CA; Camarillo, CA; Rumford, RI.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time