Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Production Supervisor to join our team. This position will be located out of the La Grange, NC facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing departmental activities and initiating and participating in cross-functional activities to accomplish the goals of safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory, productivity and continuous improvement; with focus on removing cost from the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors.
· Review daily in-process inventory reports to evaluate and assign machining priorities.
· Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor - employees.
· Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for employees performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
· Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions.
· Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
· Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and evaluate eligibility of employees.
· Evaluate and manage personnel requirements to support the needs of the business and optimize cost.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment.
· Minimum 1 year of direct supervisory experience
· Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
· Prior experience in a scheduling function
· Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies
· Previous experience using SAP
Position Success Criteria:
· Managerial skills, the ability to train and motivate a group of employees towards a common goal, must have team building as the ultimate goal.
· Broad technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes, quality assurance, plant engineering, production/materials planning, SPC, problem solving methods, root cause analysis and systems applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time