Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in the Belmond, IA facility.
Setup, operate, and maintain production machinery to perform close tolerance operations of any of following: shearing, friction welding, heat-treating, grinding, turning, drilling, or plating.
- Read job instructions and/or blue prints to produce required finishes on valves.
- Operate production equipment according to guidelines and in a safe manner. Practice good housekeeping.
- Perform set-ups and minor maintenance of equipment. Troubleshoots equipment when required.
- Monitor oil and coolant levels of machines.
- Move product from previous operation to next operation.
- Adjust machines, tooling, and wheels to keep product within specified tolerances per job instructions.
- Complete production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc.) accurately and neatly.
- Use specified gages to insure proper product tolerances.
- Where required, performs SPC on specified dimensions.
- Follow reaction plan per job instructions if specified quality levels are not met.
· -High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
· -Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· - Must live within 50 miles of Belmond, IA to be considered. No relocation benefits provided.
· - Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments
· -Ability to proactively work with other team members
· -This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hour shift
· -Background in machining and setting up metal working machines
· -Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No