Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton's Vehicle Group has an immediate opening for a Materials Analyst based in Galesburg, MI.
- Reviewing assigned items and responding to shortages, real and potential
- Communicating with suppliers regarding past due shipments and drop-in requirements
- Setting up and monitoring expedited freight
- Reviewing, updating and developing processes for the Materials Planning team
- Managing ECR/ECO deployment actions for assigned parts and suppliers
- Training and setting up suppliers in a vendor-managed inventory system
- Driving cleanup up of invoice holds and ASN holds
- Working closely with commodity teams to create and execute sourcing and ramp up/down plans
- Provide component supply status to plants, CSR & SIOP teams in constrained part situations.
- Coordinate constrained part deliveries and recovery plans with suppliers.
- Execute of resourcing plans with new and incumbent suppliers.
- Conduct regular meetings with suppliers per process to ensure delivery of constrained parts
- Update of Priority Shortage reports status on assigned parts, communicating to plants proactively on status
- Communicate Supplier Delivery performance to the Commodity and SDE teams for long term resolution.
- Review and address material shortages
- Maintain Item Master records and sourcing setups as appropriate
- Ensure premium freight request compliance on a monthly basis
- Expedite charter and international freight. Monitor and provide feedback to carriers and materials team while freight is in-transit.
- Invoice holds review and cleanup for assigned suppliers
- ASN review and cleanup
- Resolve and eliminate aged ASN’s on a daily basis to ensure supply accuracy.
- Resolve any ASN that is not processed due to interface issue.
- Utilize standard ASCP tools to release purchase orders to suppliers at lead time.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of two years of experience in plant operations, materials planning, customer service, manufacturing engineering, or supply chain required
- Must be able to work continuously in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or related technical field preferred
- Experience in plant operations or materials planning strongly preferred
- Understanding of Materials, item coordination, Bill of Materials, and Routings is a plus
- Position requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills, proficiency with various systems (Oracle, Cognos, Pulse/Qlickview, SharePoint, etc.), PC skills, and a high degree of product knowledge.
- Position may require travel to Eaton plants (domestic).
- Position requires a sense of urgency in order to respond in a timely fashion to critical customer and plant requests.
This position will participate in process development and process improvement activities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time