Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
A. Champion product redesign projects, which could involve quality & yield improvements, performance enhancements, cost out, customer-driven product modifications, and product sustaining issues
B. Provide senior level technical engineering support for products to marketing department, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, design engineering, suppliers (material and tooling), and end customers
C. The incumbent will identify product opportunities and will be assigned projects that will require independent/non-directed work, including identifying and improving product designs with marginal/inconsistent product performance
D. Works closely with Quality Assurance to ensure all product redesigns meet agency and customer, and test requirements.
E. Employs rigorous problem solving techniques, determining root cause and developing appropriate permanent corrective actions to develop and improve design and production solutions.
F. Champion the evaluation of quality related performance issues of products. Test, verify, evaluate, and resolve issues in a timely manner to improve the product. Create reports to summarize the findings, resolution, and recommended actions.
G. Utilizes quality management system and six sigma tools, such as failure mode and effects analysis, control plans, design of experiments, and statistical analysis in developing robust engineering solutions.
H. Compliant to Eaton’s Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
J. Establishes and coordinates the planning and execution of test sequences to verify and validate designs and processes for the product.
- Four year Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Five years’ experience (seven years preferred) in an automotive manufacturing environment, preferably directly involved in the production processes and support with customer interactions.
- Familiarity with lATF16949, (ISO/TS 16949) product requirements, including APQP, and other regulatory agency requirements, such UL, CSA, and CCC.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, 3D CAD modeling tools, and Minitab.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Ability to analyze a product performance issue, determine the root cause of the issue, and implement effective countermeasures
- Knowledge of electrical circuit protection products, electrical distribution systems, and applicable industry standards is desirable
- Knowledge in the design of components with varied manufacturing processes including: injection molding, stamping, machining and high volume assembly processes.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively motivate team members that are not direct reports.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time