Eaton’s Aerospace Division seeking a Sales/Program Manager. The Sales/Program Manager will be based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The primary function of this position is for the successful execution of the NPD Program(s) and projects and there budget allocation. Lead the Sales capture process for key strategic opportunities, support Sales profit planning, performance reporting and direct customer interface and satisfaction, provide program management execution for key opportunities to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and the overall business relationship.
- Manages the Sales Capture process for key strategic opportunities and the execution of NPD Program(s) Profit and Loss Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Leads the opportunity capture including developing capture strategy and the overall new business proposals and executing the overall program plan. Execute IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business inclusive of the entire project life cycle from Capture to Closure.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Support Sales reporting and planning including monthly reports and annual profit planning process.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas. (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule)
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Program Management and direct industrial customer facing role, or a combination of Program Management with Customer Service or direct Sales responsibility with a technical product
- Candidates must be a US Citizen, US person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to work in the United States on an on-going basis without requiring corporate sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered with this role, candidate must reside within 50 miles from the Bethel, CT facility.
- Engineering degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in Program Management and direct customer facing role, or a combination of Program Management with some Customer Service or direct Sales responsibility
- Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs, products and direct customer responsibility and interaction
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry
- Experience in Risk Management
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time