Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Application Engineer - Centralized Project Management
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Organization is seeking an Application Engineer. The Application Engineer will be supporting the centralized Project Management Organization and will be located out our Arden, NC (Avery Creek) location.
The Application Engineer will work directly with the Centralized Project Management Organization (PMO), Field Sales and Manufacturing plants to provide technical leadership, product and solution training as well as mentoring for Centralized Project Engineers. In addition to day to day tasks supporting Centralized PMO employees and orders this position will also be responsible for representing Sales Support with manufacturing plants on topics such as coordination and drawing standardization as well as building relationships with Field Sales and Field Application Engineers. This position is also responsible with maintaining the accuracy of our Document Services tool and keeping electronic tools and applications up to date.
- Provide product and application engineering support for Centralized Project Engineers, Distributors, Customers and Field Sales Engineers.
- Develop and deliver training materials to EatonCare employees as well as internal and external customers.
- Participate in product Design Bursts and process BPI events along with Product Lines as required.
- Lead training efforts to support standard work, error proofing, product and application knowledge.
- Provide technical support to Centralized Project Management.
- Act as a Tier II support escalation point for both assemblies and components supported by Centralized Project Management and EatonCare.
- Subject Matter Expert on all electronic tools and applications used by Project Engineers.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in electronic tools and applications (Doc Services, BidManager, Pick Tables, Enovia, etc.)
- Representation for customer witness tests, inspections and on-board approval meetings/visits.
- Support efforts to streamline content of documentation packages.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels and customer and departmental needs.
- Author special documentation for high complexity orders.
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, etc. as required.
- Perform all other duties as required by management.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in Project Management, Product Management, Sales, Custom Order Engineering, or Application Engineering with a technical product
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management, Product Management, Sales, Custom Order Engineering, Application Engineering
- Experience with technical and documentation specification interpretation
- Strong product and application knowledge of engineered to order electrical distribution assemblies
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to identify and prioritize work based on incoming requests
- Proficiency in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Abilities within Adobe, Microsoft office and other software applications
- Possess strong organizational skills for managing and organizing high volume of transactions (orders, specifications, drawings, technical issues, documentation, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to adjust presentation styles based on the audience
- Experience with Tools and Applications required for job function (Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Bid Manager, Documentation Service, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time