Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Master Controls Technician
- Develop and/or assist in implementation of Continuous Improvement Projects with departments throughout the facility. Special focus is to be on control systems (electronics) for PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Supports production through machine component(s) upgrades and applications of new or improved technology.
- Read, interpret, and design electrical drawings / schematics.
- Evaluates new technologies for application in future equipment design.
- Assists with the project tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Develops projects for inclusion in capital budgets
- Assists the Supervisor/Manager with capital projects for new production and infrastructure equipment.
- Supports stock room system with component repairs and additions to cover new projects.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining supplies and materials to sustain Maintenance requirements.
- Establishes and supports teams for machine and/or process improvements.
- May need to provide back-up support when the Supervisor/Manager is out of the facility.
Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Technology, or Electronics from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience on manufacturing equipment
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience using PLC or CNC controls including; FANUC or Siemens or Allen Bradley or Omron or Rockwell controllers.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, Electronics, or Industrial Technology
- 5 years of experience on manufacturing equipment
- 4 years of experience using PLC or CNC controls
- 2 years of experience with vision systems such as, Cognex
- Electrical Certifications/Qualified Electrical worker
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time