Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Service Sales Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Division is seeking a Service Sales Engineer. The Service Sales Engineer will be based out of the Houston sales office.
The Service Sales Engineer’s primary responsibility will be achievement of the assigned sales goals and delivering superior customer support to provide maximum market penetration. Specifically, this will center on the technical marketing and sale of the full suite of Eaton Engineering Services and Solutions, primarily in the Industrial and Commercial market segments.
The target customer type is end users, with the responsibility to create holistic, solutions-based electrical service proposals. Success in this role hinges on the candidate’s ability to comprehend electrical power distribution concepts, proactively identify high-potential customers and opportunities, convert complex customer problems into attractive solutions, and leverage a broad set of internal resources to close orders.
- Develops and executes strategic plans to meet aggressive sales goals.
- Prepares technical presentations to create awareness and drive demand with our customers.
- Builds relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects.
- Prepares detailed technical proposals based on customer needs and expectations.
- Performs all phases of the sales process, including discover needs, develop/deliver proposal, gain commitment, clean order entry, project management, and ownership of customer results.
- Collaborates and shares information with broad Eaton product and service teams to generate team wins.
- Sells with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin. Platforms include Contracts & Support services, Engineering & Consulting, and Turnkey & Modernization services.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. All candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Houston, TX or Beaumont, TX.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering strongly preferred
- Electrical industry service sales experience
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances
- Significant electrical product/service knowledge
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong presentation/training and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time