Deputy Manager- EHS
Deputy Manager EHS # 051116
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Deputy Manager EHS in Eaton’s Vehicle Group business, based in Nasik, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Vehicle Group business.
Your essential responsibilities:
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her location(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
· Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
· Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
· Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
· Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
· Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
· Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
· Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
· Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
· Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
· Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
· Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
· Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Provides assistance and support to Finance Controller- Aerospace India on implementation of Eaton Financial policies, procedures, GAAP and SOX compliance procedures.
- Review and develop monthly checklist for SEZ compliance. Ensure completeness of all compliance accurately and timely.
- Review the applicability of GST and ensure timely submission of returns.
- Establish and monitor standard cost accounting process in compliance with Eaton Financial Policy.
- Responsible to reconcile inventory and complete the Balance Sheet review related to material accounting on monthly basis.
- Develop proper system to calculate and record cost optimization data. Develop a system to report all exceptional transactions to Business Head and Finance Controller on periodic basis.
- Support business teams to provide the performance vs forecast and Profit Plan for margin analysis, material variance analysis and burden analysis on weekly / as require by the team and ensure the Gaps are identified early and action taken to prevent the same.
- Update BOM valuation as per the USGAAP Financial Policy.
- Product line profitability, Sales and cogs forecast.
- Develop data and process to analyze the Cost out and Cost in data received by SCM and confirm timely to update the same in Encore.
- Support cost roll up for new parts, provide currency wise actual purchase on monthly basis.
- Analyze the TP difference due to our incorrect PO or wrong cost billed by source plant, necessary approval to be obtained and provided to GFSS for processing the invoice, follow up with source plants for recovery of the wrong price.
- Develop process for inventory analysis with respect to the part price, purchase volumes and reasons for increase/ decrease in the inventory. Guide business team to drive inventory control.
- Provide Monthly Sales file invoice wise sales and Cogs to Sales team.
- Provide accurate transfer pricing to the sales team for the products exported to Intercompany.
- Develop accurate standard cost on annual basis based on the business plans. Analyze the cost with actuals. Take action on the variances.
- Accurate Mid-year and annual transfer pricing calculations to be provided to Region, Group,TP team.
- Coordinate and implement improvements to monthly close procedures ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Scope includes cost accounting, material accounting, material variance analysis, burden absorption, margin analysis etc.
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control related to material accounting and processes.
- Assist in development of strategic and annual profit plan.
- Support annual physical inventory ensuring compliance with corporate procedures and accuracy of physical count. Ensure appropriate cycle count procedures are deployed.
- Ensure functional activities related to process improvements and standard work
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent. engineering degree.
- Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional(lead auditor Of ISO 14001& 18001 , Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous
- Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
- Proficiency in local languages.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only