Operational Excellence (OpEx) Manager
Eaton's Hydraulic Business has an opening for a:
Location: Çerkezköy, Tekirdağ / TURKEY
Eaton is recognized as a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of reliable, high-efficiency hydraulic systems and components for use in mobile and industrial applications. Eaton’s unwavering dedication to leadership in mobile and industrial applications has made Eaton one of the world’s preferred suppliers of hydraulic solutions. For more information, visit www.eaton.eu
Functioning as a key part of the Plant Leadership team of Cerkezkoy, will provide overall Operational Excellence leadership to the organization covering the following functions:-
· Continuous Improvement / Lean
· Advanced Manufacturing
Will drive the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Eaton Quality Management System, Advanced Manufacturing, Eaton Lean Six Sigma and the Eaton Business System. The ultimate aim of the role is to provide continuous improvement of products, processes and procedures thereby improving product quality and driving out waste from the business to achieve cost out objectives in collaboration with the Plant Leadership Team.
· Driving to improved results in the areas of product quality, cycle time and cost competitiveness.
· Responsible for working with Plant and regional leadership in identifying high-priority areas for improvement from annual Plant level value Stream Mapping rounds ensuring ELSS efforts are aligned to and fully support Profit Plan and Strategic Plan goals.
· Being a real catalyst between the functional departments of the plant to ensure teamwork, continuous improvement and functional competencies.
· Work towards process excellence based on value stream improvement plans, technology upgrade, improvement of key manufacturing processes.
· Improve the cost base within the plant, especially focus on further reducing scrap, process waste and shop floor productivity.
· Champion of OpEx-related programs, tools and methods, including CIF, ELSS, OpA, EBSA.
· Ensure that Polimer business (offices and operations) comply with applicable Eaton, customer and industry-specific OpEx requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness (Quality, EHS, ELSS).
· Analyze key OpEx-related operational metrics related to both the Balanced Scorecard and customer systems and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
· Alignment and support of the EHS-related activities to further drive towards Zero Incidents.
· Continually improve the capability of the OpEx organization through ongoing development activities and identification of talent to promote functional bench strength.
·BSc degree (ideally Engineering)
·Formal training/certification in Lean and 6 Sigma.
·Operations or Product Engineering experience
·Excellent communication skills
·Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
·Strong analytical skills
·Ability to manage multiple projects/activities
·Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor
What Eaton offers:
·Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCD
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time