Production Supervisor - Steel Fabrication
Eaton’s Electrical division is seeking a talented Production Supervisor to support 2nd shift operations in our Fayetteville, NC facility.
This position is responsible for management and leadership of 2nd shift steel fabrication supporting Power Distribution and Controls Division (PDCA) motor control center products as well as Industrial Controls Division Fayetteville, NC products. Specifically this role manages a department of 50+ production employees creating and painting steel enclosures used in multiple engineered to order electrical distribution products.
· Assist in establishing departmental goals that support quality, productivity, delivery and safety goals.
· Devise strategies with documented action plans to achieve targets.
· Provide input to forecast and hold the team accountable to the process in order to meet commitments.
· Determine the effect of production load and mix changes on staffing and department operations. Take actions(s) to adjust capacity (labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
· Follow up on the progress towards targets:
· Conduct periodical review of area targets.
· Take problem-solving countermeasures.
· Follow up on the results of the countermeasures.
· Support the team if results are unsatisfactory.
· Personally address problems of severe nature under area of authority.
· Improve quality assurance system by building quality into the process.
· Effectively deal with opportunities identified by the team to help bring about positive resolution.
· Drive a positive, inclusive high performance work culture through the establishment of clear expectations and accountability from and to the team.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Minimum 2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
· Minimum 1 year of prior supervisor experience
· Must be eligible to work in the US on a continual and permanent basis without sponsorship.
· Applying knowledge of manufacturing procedures/practices including Industrial Engineering principles, production planning and Lean/Six Sigma
· Proficient in driving Quality Control and Inventory Control
· Proven Leadership skills – capable of leading change initiatives and drive a high performance culture
· Degree in Business, Engineering or related manufacturing related discipline
· Lean and/or Six Sigma background
· Previous role/experience managing others
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico