Eaton’s Electrical Division is looking to add an Manufacturing Manager supporting the Steel Fabrication department in the Fayetteville, NC facility.
This position is responsible for overall leadership and management of steel fabrication supporting Power Distribution and Controls Division (PDCA) motor control center products as well as Industrial Controls Division Fayetteville, NC products. Specifically this role manages up to 3 supervisors and an organization of 100 – 150 production employees across multiple shifts. The Fayetteville steel fabrication area manager is a strategic position that supports engineered to order assembly locations in Fayetteville, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Portland. This position reports to the Operations Manager for PDCA located in Fayetteville, NC.
· Devise strategies with documented action plans to achieve targets around quality, cost and delivery.
· Determine effect of production load changes on plant operations. Take actions(s) to adjust capacity(labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
· Develop direct reports and support the engagement and training of the steel fabrication workforce.
· Lead team in lean deployment to drive continuous improvement
· Assist in the coordination / implementation of new product development.
· Partner with OPEX and Supply Chain to optimize all operational & inventory aspects of the department.
· Be a champion of safety by supporting plant safety training, driving safety processes and leading safety communication to the department.
· Provide communication and direction across all Fayetteville shifts and fill in for fabrication supervisors as needed to cover vacations and absences.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in Manufacturing or Operations
· Minimum 1 year of Supervisor experience required
· Must be eligible to work in the US on a continual and permanent basis without sponsorship.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing procedures/practices including Industrial Engineering principles, production planning and Lean/Six Sigma
· Experience in ISO certified manufacturing assembly environment
· Proficient in driving Quality Control and Inventory Control
· Proven Leadership skills – capable of leading change initiatives and drive a high performance culture
· Degree in Business, Engineering or related manufacturing related discipline
· Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
· Experience in steel fabrication manufacturing
· Previous role/experience managing others including other supervisors and/or large groups of employees
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico