Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Plant Manager - Commercial Vehicle
- Provide leadership, direction and manage site operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, materials, quality, EHS and human resources
- Develop, implement and review suitable short and long range plans to achieve assigned Plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer
- Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, maintenance, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration
- Responsible for contributing to the development of all plant policies, consistent with the direction of the overall Eaton organization
- Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System, Eaton Quality System, and Eaton Lean Six Sigma
- Foster an environment of Employee Engagement by embracing Continuous Improvement culture tools
- Ensure that Eaton policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations
- Represent Eaton in local organizations and community service activities
- Drives customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development and other operations metrics of the facility
- Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a manager of people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to manage plant operations
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Understanding of commercial vehicle markets
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Prior work experience in different operational functions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time