Analyst - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Infrastructure COE (INFCOE) to provide client infrastructure support to all of Eaton’s internal IT users. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLA's for Incident and Request resolution. This position will administer ECT technologies (SCCM, AD, O365) and lead or participate in enterprise projects. This role requires a technical individual that understands a wide variety of client and administrative technologies.
- Provides 3rd level support for technologies managed within the ECT team
- Participates in or leads medium to large ECT projects; participates in projects external to ECT as a key representative of the team
- Performs system maintenance, creates/maintains documentation with other team members.
- Leads SCCM reporting, monitoring and measurement of client health and security compliance within the environment.
- Provides application packaging and distribution services (PC and mobile)
- Leads application packaging and management activities
- Coordinates testing and distribution of applications
- Leads activities in the planning and maintenance of the Enterprise Application Portal
- Partner with other groups to seek out opportunities to increase end-user operational efficiency.
- Gathers information needed to support IT business metrics.
- Participates in vendor relationship activities and may serve as the main point of contact for key vendors in the ECT space
- Recommends standards for continuous improvement
· Bachelor Degree (required) & 5-8 years’ experience
· Works independently with only high-level guidance from Manager. Escalation point for complex issues/situations
· Business Acumen – Intermediate level
· Systems and IT Knowledge - Intermediate level
· Proficient expertise in client IT Infrastructure with significant expertise in PC hardware, OS, mobile devices and administrative/management tools.
· Possesses a detailed technical understanding of systems and technologies; primary technologies include:
o PC Hardware
o Microsoft Windows Operating System (including browsers and data encryption)
o Microsoft Office 365, including One Drive, Office ProPlus, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams
o Service monitoring, license management
o Video distribution (MS Stream) support
o Microsoft SCCM software distribution, reporting, SCUP
o Microsoft SCCM Application Catalog
o Windows OS patching, compliance tracking and remediation
o Microsoft Active Directory
o Flexera Admin Studio
o Mobile Application & Device Management (Airwatch/inTune)
o Mobile application development technologies
o Apple iOS/hardware
· Stays current with industry trends in Information Technology advancements.
· Responsible for working collaboratively with the ECT team and across IT functions including SIS, Security and Infrastructure to ensure alignment with key stakeholders.
· Responsible for providing input into the ECT Strategy and Roadmap and may own specific sections of the ECT strategy
• Strong leadership and communication skills (verbal and written) to administer a highly visible program
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple activities/projects across time zones / regions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time