Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
3 Phase UPS Sales Representative
Develop and maintain customer database by systematically and continuously calling at customers with the specific view of promoting PQ products and services. Keep customers updated with regards to changes and or updates that Eaton may install from time to time.
Identify opportunities so that our products and services can be offered to satisfy applications, offer solutions and provide customers with appropriate level of technical and total cost of ownership advice so they can evaluate and make competitive decision. Gather market intelligence, and benchmark against or competition to know and understand the market.
· Achieve sales based on allocated target while keeping in the bounds of Eaton’s route to market strategy, with on Gauteng Region
· Keep yourself and Eaton’s clients informed and updated with Eaton’s products, specifically those in range of your main area of responsibility.
· Ability to propose customized UPS solutions based on the customer requirements in conjunction with existing or planned electrical infrastructure.
· Ability to prepare tenders and proposals using MS Office, eg: word and excel. With good commercial knowledge
· Prepare presentations to clients on product offerings and technologies
· Develop and maintain a customer base, including sound relationships with market influencers (eg. Consulting Engineers, Contractors and End Users)
· Provide meaningful feedback via daily updates in our CRM C360 on customer visits, activities, gains, losses and any other relevant information that management can use to improve competitive advantages.
· Technical Knowledge of 3-phase electrical power with UPS experience.
· An Electrical qualification S4 (National Diploma) or N6 (National Certificate), with emphasis in Power Electronics (S4) or Electro-techniques (N6)
· Presentation Skills, Public Speaking
· Good understanding of route to Market
· Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-orientated team.
· Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment.
· At least 3 years sales experience in UPS
· Ability to coach and train individuals
· Travel required across South Africa / EMEA – 30%.
· Fluency in writing and spoken English
· Flexible working times due to time constraints with customers and suppliers.
· Appreciate the different cultures in South Africa.
· The individual will have a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical markets, market dynamics and the business environment prevailing in the South African region.
· Analytical skills
· Attention to detail and ability to be self-directed
· PC Literacy.
· Must be able to make sound independent decisions
· Team player working in a collaborative environment
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
· Driver’s license required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time