Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Operations Finance Specialist
Eaton’s Corporate Industrial Sector is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Finance Specialist. The Manufacturing Operations Finance Specialist will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The primary function of this role is to be the manufacturing and cost subject matter expert within the Industrial Sector. This role will be responsible for reviews with senior leadership while building proactive reporting tools. This role will act as a liaison between Eaton’s Corporate Finance and Accounting and the Industrial sector while also collaborating cross functionally to drive policy and process improvements. The Manufacturing Operations Finance Specialist will also support Finance training and development initiatives
- Manage and calculate key manufacturing accounting reporting for the Industrial Sector including intercompany profit in inventory, capitalized variances, intercompany transfer pricing, embedded Forex and physical inventory, functional spend, standard cost impacts and cycle counting reporting.
- Being the subject matter expert on manufacturing and cost accounting issues at the Industrial Sector and influence manufacturing cost financial policy and monitoring.
- Analyzing and reporting key monthly manufacturing and cost accounting metrics with a strong emphasis on providing insights from examination of business trends related to manufacturing
- Developing solutions and processes to standardize and simplify manufacturing cost and consolidate at the sector level (examples incremental rates, transfer pricing, capitalized manufacturing variances, material variances, standard cost process and standardization, productivity analysis, flex productivity
- Partnering with the business finance teams to review, communicate, and take action on key process changes and operating issues
- Preparing the annual Profit Plan for the Industrial Sector and providing guidance and support to senior leaders and businesses.
- Participating and support global projects of strategic significance to the Industrial Sector, utilizing direct and indirect resources as required to ensure success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive manufacturing accounting experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 5+ years of progressive manufacturing accounting experience is preferred
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- Graduate degree in business, finance, or accounting from an accredited institution preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Demonstrates professional presence and communicates articulately.
- Exhibits leadership with collaboration and managing handling conflict
- Strong ability to analyze, question and provide direction
- Ability to prepare and review financial and operational analyses/reports
- Effectively defies the status quo and supports new and innovative ideas
- Acts as a business partner – sees the big picture – provides broad thought leadership
- Ability to effectively work in a cross-functional team environment
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time