National Key Account Manager
The primary function of this role is to be responsible for achieving the sales target assigned to the role and to coordinate & manage the sales effort of the assigned customer base. The position will be the link between Eaton and selected customers and collaborate across Eaton business units to provide cross-selling solutions to our customers.
The essential functions of the role include:
• Develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota.
• Manage all aspects of the relationship with assigned key customers within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Collaboratively develop and implement sales plans.
• Provide support to customers on all aspects relating to the sales process.
• Liaise with Eaton’s sales teams to ensure the effective closure of all sales opportunities.
• Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities. Communicate such information to sales management and product managers.
• Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
• Produce & maintain accurate data on customer contacts, activities & performance and provide regular reports to Eaton management as required.
• Implement new product programs as needed.
• Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
• Support Eaton Business Systems by:
o providing timely and accurate information
o escalating quality issues to attention of management
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and attributes:
Proven, relevant and successful account/sales experience in Power Distribution
Demonstrable relationships with UK national M&E contractors
Working knowledge of routes to market & go to market strategies
A technical knowledge & understanding of the application of power distribution products & services.
Proven track record of achieving sales targets and objectives
Motivated and self-directed sales professional who can operate within proper ethical guidelines
Exceptional communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills, strong business work ethics, Positive attitude and professional behavior is required at all times
Demonstrated ability to relate to senior management
Self-initiative skills and an entrepreneurial behaviour
Value selling and presentation skills
Professional presence with customers and colleagues
Computer skills at a high or advanced level
This role also requires superior knowledge of sales and negotiation techniques, customers and customer relations, people development and management tools.
This role will require significant travel across the UK and a flexible approach to working hours to accommodate customer needs. Effective time management and smart working is essential
QualificationsA bachelors degree in a business related discipline would be beneficial
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time