EHS Specialist - Entry Level
Eaton’s Vehicle Group plant in Belmond, IA has an immediate opening for an Entry Level EHS Specialist.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for supporting the overall environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the Belmond site.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will support the development, maintenance, and sustainment of goals that align with corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
· You will support site annual self-assessment and risk assessment programs including closing gaps identified critical EHS hazards and aspects and assessment of leading and lagging indicators
· You will drive EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
· You will support efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
· You will develop and maintain training matrices to ensure that all required training is defined and tracked to completion.
· You will help oversee all near-miss and accident reports, accident investigations and OSHA recordable incidents. Provides appropriate follow up with supervisors and employees to ensure that actions are implemented to prevent injuries and reoccurrences. Ensures that Staff level members and the plant as a whole has the appropriate communication related to any incidents.
· You will carry out environmental tests in various situations including outdoor environments, on the roof of the plant (1 time per week), within confined spaces (1 time per month), in situations where fall protection is required (1 time per month), and others.
· You will complete the wastewater clean cycle 2-3 times per week.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
· Bachelor’s Degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental discipline preferred
· Prior internship experience is a plus
· Knowledge of OSHA or EPA regulations and compliance
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time