Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer – Enterprise Software
Center for Connectivity and IoT Platforms has an opening for Engineer – Software at Eaton’s India Innovation center. The Engineer will be involved in contributing to design & development of enterprise grade software applications encompassing functionality from data acquisition through feature-rich user interfaces and to the development of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable software applications. We provide critical differentiation for our customers by delivering a scalable system to monitor critical infrastructure that connects to a vast array of devices regardless of make or model, and provides real-time, historical, and predictive data analysis capabilities.
We are looking for Engineer who can develop the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore and interact with information and devices. As a member of an creative, motivated and talented team, we need our Engineer to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will design enterprise software solutions, generate IP, plan and execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team and internal customers to assess business impact and constraints, leveraging the latest software technologies.
• Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade software applications.
• Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
• Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
• Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
• Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
• Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
• Author high-quality unit-tested code.
• Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
Perform other duties as assigned.
Expected to develop an understanding of Eaton’s Agile development process and integrate daily product development activities as necessary to work within its constraints.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering
• 3-5 years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
• Strong level skills in building Web solutions using ReactJS (with Flux /Redux) or AngularJS and HTML5 , CSS3, JQuery with C# or Python and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
• Experience in writing CGI / WSGI scripts in Python or Perl.
• Experience in working with SQL database.
• Experience in working with Web Server (Apache / IIS).
• Experience in Unit testing with frameworks like googletest / NUnit
• Experience in debugging issues anywhere in the stack.
• Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, multithreading concepts and design patterns.
• Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
• Experience designing and using RESTful interfaces.
• 1+ years of experience in backend programming with C++.
• 1+ years’ experience working with industrial communication protocols such as ModBus, SNMP, BACnet/IP, etc.
• Experience with electrical domain like UPS, Meters, Power Systems, etc.
• Exposure to cybersecurity.
• Experience with web application frameworks and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Experience in an Agile Scrum methodology.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time