Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mod Shop Assembler - 1st Shift
This position is responsible for assembly and wiring standard & engineered control assemblies; as well as full functional and electrical testing on products.
• Work from drawings, specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams as well as other verbal or written instructions
• Review wiring diagrams for accuracy. Resolve problems with appropriate personnel.
• Inspect and verify parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with appropriate personnel
• Perform electrical and mechanical assembly, drill and fit parts
• Perform modular / sub-assembly
• Determine wiring sequence, layout and location. Ensure space allowance for arrangement of wiring and components
• Mark wiring and components where required
• Perform continuity testing to verify work
• Perform incoming component inspection as required
• Work to CSA, UL, CEC codes and company quality requirements
• Complete all documentation and entries related to processing products
• Apply consistency in wiring and assembly method for units of the same order
• Provide input and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of work area
• Actively support and participate in corporate initiatives/programs including department meetings, safety programs, lean manufacturing, cost improvements, and quality management programs
• Perform other related duties as assigned in the facility as required
• Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals
• Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace
• Performs all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics as well as Safety and Environmental standards
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
• Experience in a manufacturing / assembly environment will be an asset, but not required, as training will be provided
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80km of Perth to be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• 2-year community college diploma, or greater
• 3+ years of manufacturing / assembly experience
• Experience in machining operations, particularly in the use of milling and drilling equipment, would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement principles is an asset
• Computer skills together with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work efficiently as a team member
• Ability to grasp new tasks and concepts quickly
• Strong work ethic
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No