Human Resources Manager, Functions
The HR Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support to approximately 250 employees, globally. He or she will drive organizational change and deploy Human Resources policies, practices, and programs to manage talent, drive culture, and align the organization. He or she will own the Global SIP and VPP processes for the B-Line Division. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to change management, compensation administration, positive employee relations, management coaching, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, talent acquisition, talent development, workforce planning, training, and broader HR initiatives and HR programs aligned with short and long-term business objectives. Reports directly to the HR Director with dotted lines to the Director of Product Management, Director of Customer Service, Director of Operations (Division Operations Only), VP of Finance and the VP of Sales.
- Work with the division leadership, functional leader and site managers to align human resources programs and initiatives with key business objectives. Drive unified plans that support operations and division business, financial and employee engagement objectives.
- As a strategic business partner, works with the Leadership teams to set direction, priorities and culture expectations championing the company’s integrated operating model Eaton Business System (EBS).
- Drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the Eaton Business System to achieve goals and objectives. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management and employee development. Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton values, philosophy and ethics.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize Management of Environmental, Health & Safety (MESH) to ensure compliance with state/federal/provincial safety requirements and drive “zero incidents” culture.
- Counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate a culture where best practices are shared across HR and the business and identify opportunities for synergy and integration between Electrical Sector Groups. Benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices
- Liaise with Corporate HR Services to provide workforce with greater HR programs accessibility
- Coordinates disability claims (STD and LTD), leaves of absence (FMLA), and workers’ compensation (WC) claims with HR Services, third party administrator (TPA), and relevant parties.
- Understands and considers all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws.
- Ability to demonstrate strong drive for results and sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate data analytics. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to drive results while working in a matrixed environment and through developing and empowering individuals and teams.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent facilitation/ coaching skills - Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive cultural change and drive leadership ownership/accountability.
- Ability to demonstrate full range of developed HR competencies in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting and selection, compensation/benefits and compliance
- Ability to lead, influence, and provide effective coaching
- Ability to demonstrate Managerial courage with good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Psychology or related field
- HR certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time