Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Designer.ENG.No Sub-Function
- Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools
- Create and interpret drawings and layout of raw materials, parts, assemblies, publications and specifications set by the manager of the area under the guidance of Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Realize changes and additions for existing drawings and diagrams, according to requirements.
- Execute the design activities with high technical skills and independent trial.
- Ensure that all designs and materials are correct.
- Use software and tools to their full capacity.
- Create robust and flexible part and assembly CAD models to support department engineering project teams.
- Control engineering documentation and models using engineering change orders within a product data management system including CAD data vault
- Create and revise engineering drawings of parts and assemblies to support manufacturing tooling, fixtures, equipment, and the inspection of components with functional dimension and tolerance schemes
- Accomplish other instructions assigned by manager
Associate Degree in Mechanical Drafting or equivalent experience.
Minimum two years (or more) experience in engineered drafting work involving 3D CAD tools.
Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting.
Computer knowledge: Pro/E, SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, Illustrator and MS Office Applications.
Special knowledge: Fair knowledge of Eaton Electrical products and application of agency standards such as UL, NEMA, KEMA, IEC, CE, NEC, and DEMKO
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time