Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Clerk-Finance (Cash Application Specialist)
Perform cash allocation to customer sub-ledgers via on –line system for Eaton Latin American business units.
Apply customer payments to customer account records by entering data into the A/R system.
Call, email and fax customers and divisions for more information when needed to apply their cash.
Retrieve remittance detail via customer’s web sites.
Use OCR software to input a high volume of records into the A/R system.
Review remittance documents for changes and corrections to customer identification (name, address, ship to/bill to) and relay this information to the Customer Control personnel.
Sort and distribute end of month.
Scan documents into imaging system for retention when cash application workload permit.
Assist with other support functions within the department as requirements dictate.
Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required.
• No relocation provided; candidate must reside within 50 miles of SSC location.
• Ability to work in the Mexico without Company sponsorship.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
• Adaptable to change.
• Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No