Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Coil Winder (2nd Shift)
- Perform work in either or both of the following work centers:
- Primary coil winding
- Secondary coil winding
- Attend work on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with Safety & Housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures
- From Run Sheet determine coil part number and quantity to run; retrieve small parts from stores; key in coil part number
- Set up coil winding machine in accordance with specifications on set-up screen (Mandrel size, duct parts, insulation tape type, paper size and thickness, wire/bar size and part number, low voltage/high voltage pads, alignment of bar/wire materials, etc.)
- Activate machine to feed materials throughout winding process while following instructions on Run Screen to perform such functions as tape paper to mandrel, attach leads, add glue, add ducts, pull taps, pull finish lead, remove coil(s)
- Label coil with ID number, work order #, part # and clock #.
- Use measuring devices, hydraulic tools, small manual and powered hand tools, simple brazing, soldering and welding equipment and various other preparation equipment,
- Rework damaged or defective coils
- Make minor adjustments and perform routine upkeep to winding machines
- Perform other operations as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Familiar with manufacturing safety protocols and strive for quality
- Works from quality and production standards, computerized winding sheets and prints, which furnish all coil specifications
- May wind either or both primary and secondary coils
- Finished coils vary in size from 10 to 85 pounds
- Operator handles coils and material weighing up to 1000 pounds using a hoist, pushing and pulling to load and unload
- Works with glue and is subject to burns, cuts, abrasions, bruises, etc.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written materials such as safety, quality and operating instructions and perform basic math functions
- The individual must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job, wear required PPE, and have good visual acuity
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No