Product Service Engineer
- Influence product design and changes to ensure adherence to Eaton’s safety requirements and ease of serviceability.
- Maintain product service requirements through a partnership with product marketing and engineering teams.
- Lead the implementation of product lifecycle planning from New Product Introduction through end-of-service life.
- Conducts comprehensive skills analysis to understand the knowledge needs of the service organization and implement through the design, development and facilitation of instructor led training sessions through lectures and laboratory exercises.
Acts as a liaison with various Power Quality departments to execute departmental processes to effectively design, update and publish product service plans.
- Partners with technical publications team to inform and develop field service procedures.
Adheres to and enforces electrical safety requirements in the training environment at all times.
Performs training lab equipment maintenance and repair efforts to ensure training equipment is operational at all times.
Facilitating knowledge transfer opportunities to both field service and technical support employees through formal and informal instructional delivery methods.
Creates and maintains partnerships with field and engineering resources to gather input, information, and lessons learned to be used in future product designs and enhancements.
Participate in and deliver key organizational project management activities throughout new product development.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical product support or service
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies, or Electronics from an accredited institution
- Experience in Electrical and/or IT/Electronic industry preferred.
- Experience in UPS technical product support or UPS service.
- Experience in instructional techniques and technical content development.
- Ability to multitask and complete projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, in virtual teams (across different locations), and cross-cultural environments.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to recognize the need for and develop standard work processes.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, customer service/support skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities in order to develop interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to work in a lab environment with high voltage equipment where safety is critical.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electronics and electrical power systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time