Dielectric Materials Technologist
- Coordinate new material development projects and identify advanced materials and engineering solutions in Product and Technology Roadmap for all product lines.
- Support VA-VE deck building and project execution as required and prioritized by the PLM / Business.
- Knowledgeable in the performance and application of dielectric insulation materials, such as oil insulation and polymeric solid insulation
- Performs complex & non-routine testing & final data analysis as well as designs test systems for non-traditional testing requirements
- Support to resolve critical production quality issues as they occur
- Organizes experiments to solve a problem or in development of new products or processes including final data analysis
- Contributes to Intellectual Property owned by the Company
- Troubleshoots & repairs instrument problems, using external resources as needed
- Develop applicable test methods and test procedures. Analyze test data, accuracy and reasonableness of data, and write reports
- Evaluates and prepares internal materials specification
- Performs competitive product analysis
- Identifies new materials, procedures and protocols
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science from an accredited institution AND minimum of 2 years of experience in the application of materials for electrical products OR Master’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or Physical Science with an emphasis on dielectric materials
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the application of materials for electrical products
- Hands-on dielectric testing experience
- Electrical apparatus design and application knowledge & experience
- Knowledgeable in distribution transformer, switchgear, power capacitors, and other power distribution products
- Knowledgeable in electrical insulating liquid and solid chemistry
- Thermal analysis of materials including thermal aging, compatibility analysis, DSC, TGA, and DMA
- Working knowledge of electrical testing standards, procedures, and PSD products
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time