Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Coil Winder - Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Eaton Power Systems, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Coil Winder on 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm) at the North Street facility in Waukesha, WI.
Set-up and operate winding machine to produce coils, of various size, to specifications called for on winding sheet, winding diagram and order pouch. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations.
- Read and interpret winding specification documents to determine characteristics required for specific coil to be wound. Determine coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork.
- Determine and install appropriate mandrel device on machine. Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification.
- Load strip, conductor and insulating paper to dereeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment.
- Places coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper, positions leads and tapes to coil form / mandrel.
- Apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section.
- Folds, insulates and tapes weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Winds major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operates crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield.
- Operates machine regulating winding speed with foot control, aligning aluminum or copper strip to center of insulating paper strip and both to center of coil form and adjusts tensioning devices as required.
- Inserts oil rib ducts and other special insulating paper at specified places in coil. Weld aluminum and copper leads as required.
- Verify proper secondary coil.
- Make adjustments to machine (flattener, traverse and material tensions) to yield desired finished coil dimensions as specified.
- Operates walkies and hoist equipment
- Determine adhesive locations per reference specifications and apply liquid adhesive with hand applicator at specified locations throughout the coil.
- Insert cooling ducts, special insulation and component parts at specified locations throughout the coil
- Wind coil sections per winding instructions to specified number of turns.
- Braze, or bend taps and leads into coil at specified locations throughout the coil.
- Position and insulate leads per winding sheet and diagram(s).
- Splice material per specifications as required.
- Remove coil from mandrel device by hoist and put aside to pallet.
- Performs daily 6S clean up.
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
- Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
- 3 Years of Manufacturing Experience
- Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No