Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Accounting Compliance Specialist
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking an Accounting Compliance Specialist. The Accounting Compliance Specialist can be based at either our Galesburg, MI or Beachwood, OH facility.
position is responsible for performing accounting and finance compliance,
ensuring that the related corporate/sector/segment standards, policies and
procedures are developed and followed as prescribed. This includes managing compliance through
updates and creation of new policies, steering and monitoring SOX, DSA
validation and gap closure, conducting/monitoring balance sheet reviews and
managing the LOR process. This position is responsible
for providing technical and operational guidance and support to the HQ, region
and plant finance teams in the areas of finance and accounting, including
analysis and identifying and driving process improvements across the Vehicle
- Provide technical (GAAP) and operational accounting guidance and support to Vehicle finance teams.
- Lead the Sarbanes Oxley, Internal Audit, Balance Sheet Review and other compliance initiatives for Vehicle and be the subject matter expert for the organization
- Evaluate existing documentation for processes and procedures and determine best practice, low cost approach to fulfillment of each financial process.
- Manage the implementation of common procedures and practices for centralization of the standard accounting transactions.
- Identify key policy and procedure needs through interviews, review of audit findings and discussions with management.
- Provide definition/documentation for standardized Vehicle financial processes. Provide support for standardized process transitions to assure compliance with Vehicle standards.
- Responsible for the integrity and accurateness of the Vehicle HQ ledger including review of monthly accounting and reporting, forecasting and account reconciliations.
- Be a key liaison for corporate functions, including Treasury, Global Accounting, Shared Services, and Legal.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting or finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Advanced degree in accounting, finance or business or CPA preferred.
- Prior experience with audit and compliance within a manufacturing organization is preferred.
- 1 year of compliance exposure or experience is preferred.
- Expertise in GAAP and Eaton financial policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge in Finance, General and Cost Accounting, AR and AP, Fixed Assets and Treasury requirements
- Understanding of relationship between Manufacturing operations and processes and business systems
- Understanding of information systems
- Global cultural and business practice awareness
- Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time