Product Line Manager - North American Lighting
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking a Product Line Manager- North American Lighting. The Product Line Manager will be based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the growth and profitability of our harsh, hazardous and industrial global lighting product line activities in North America. Key focus includes profitable growth and increased market share through product life cycle management (innovation and cost-out), product commercialization, penetration strategies and pricing optimization.
The candidate will be support product life cycle management through the multi-generational product planning process. This includes product innovation via voice of the customer activities, cost out activities including value engineering and low cost country manufacturing, complexity management and product rationalization. Particular focus on LED lighting and execution of a connected lighting strategy.
The candidate will drive product commercialization excellence through structured and tailored product strategies in conjunction North American sales & marketing leaders. This includes supporting the development of marketing collateral and tools, competitive selling strategies and detailed product training. Additionally, the candidate will formulate pricing strategies to effectively compete at market level prices and maximize price through the creation of value propositions and specification initiatives. Pricing will also be used to support innovation and cost out activities.
In conjunction with North American sales & marketing leaders, the candidate will develop growth strategies for local markets and verticals to increase market share. Product penetration and vertical market expansion will be supported by the multi-generational product plan, commercialization efforts and channel development. Service strategies will be established to ensure products meet market lead times through proper market and customer intelligence and forecasting activities completed to ensure supply chain and inventory optimization.
Activities for this position require strong leadership, communication across levels in the organization, short term and long term execution through timely and quality decision making, and ability to execute cross-functionally.
- Responsible for financial performance including growth, profitability and working capital.
- Support global product line manager in the development of a prioritized multi-generational product plan and timely execution with respective design centers.
- Implement product innovation strategies through voice of the customer activities globally with field sales, end-users, contractors and engineering, procurement & construction firms.
- Commercialize products through tools, collateral, competitor selling strategies, training and specification support.
- In conjunction with the Director of Pricing, formulate and execute pricing strategies to increase long-term growth and profitability.
- Define market product position and segmentation in sales regions and customer vertical markets globally.
- Create service strategies to capture market share versus competition and support optimization of supply chain and inventory management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 7 years of engineering, marketing or field sales experience with technical products
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Experience in IoT and connected technologies
- LED Lighting experience
- Broad knowledge of harsh and hazardous electrical products market
- Experience in communications across broad groups including customers and executive management
- Working with international cross-functional teams
· Think and act strategically
· Collaborate and execute effectively cross functionally
· Written and oral presentation skills to targeted audiences
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Quality decision making
· High level of integrity
· Ability to prioritize business needs
· Ability to drive change
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time