Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Engineer Component Engineering
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with EATON supply chain , R & D , Procurement and manufacturing teams , and will be responsible Obsolescence management and finding form fit function compatible parts for End Of Life parts .In addition , Associate Engineer will play a key role in supplier selection ,alternate source selection, Part and vendor standardization, Cost reduction and quality improvement .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
A. Demonstrates the application of basic Engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking
(Part selection process Component validation process , Review of Bill of Materials for Obsolescence management and Should costing )
B. Creates new part in PLM system by using computer assisted Engineering,
design software, and ECAD tools.
C. Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities.
D. Confers with manufacturing, Product teams , Supply Chain vendors ,suppliers to develop Should costing
E. Design for manufacturability experience.
F. Effectively prioritizes and acts with speed and focus .
G. Performs typically as an individual contributor within team
H. Builds strong relationships with Stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels and continuously
manages the expectations of stakeholders.
I. Consistently achieves results, even under adverse circumstances.
J. Makes and keeps commitments of deliverables release dates by holding self and others accountable.
· OTD and quality performance of work deliveries
· Defects Per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering.
· Total relevant work experience: 2 to 3 years.
· Participated in full lifecycle product development of product utilizing electronic components..
· knowledge of electrical & electronic components – Surface Mount & through Hole.
· Participated in Vendor selection efforts for product components. .
· Participated in Part selection efforts for product components .
· Familiarity with Taxonomy of various part types.
· Familiarity with attributes of various electronic components
· Awareness of CIS / CIP database, thermal management, Enclosure designs.
· Familiarity with application of various testing methods of electronic parts.
· Exposure with ECAD part library management .Knowledge of Electronic components market place
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time