Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Software Solution Architect
Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety.
Our Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG) has an opening for a Software Architect who is passionate about his or her craft. You will be responsible for the technical direction of various projects and providing technical leadership to one or more teams of developers working in support of the goals of ESSG.
If you’re an experienced software professional yearning to lead projects that leverage the latest technologies and trends such as NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, IoT, SaaS, PaaS, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact and having lots of fun along the way!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Lead the architecture, design, and implementation of new software products including distributed systems, web, mobile, and IoT applications
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight on complex projects to assist business units
- Support modernization efforts of legacy applications including migration to SaaS
- Contribute to the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies to increase efficiencies
- Evaluate business requirements and determine potential solutions
- Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews
- Mentor engineering team, providing architectural, design and code reviews
- Work with the test team to ensure adequate and appropriate automated test coverage; investigate and fix bugs
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering teams, cross functional teams, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems
- Drive process improvements within the software development team and the business
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to facilitate a Scrum process during backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, and daily stand-ups
- Mentor and lead less experienced developers to facilitate their work and help them grow as software professionals
- Represent the Software team to diverse stakeholders and Business Unit leadership
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
· 12+ years’ of experience in the software industry on varied software development projects with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
· Expert knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
· 8+ years’ experience developing scalable, high performance, mission critical web-based applications and/or distributed systems
· Expert level skills in at least one static OO language (C++, C#. Java) and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
· Working knowledge of one other programming language (Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
· Experience working in a fast paced Agile environment utilizing continuous delivery and DevOps
· Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
· Expert level object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
· Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (WebSockets, HTTP, TCP, MQTT)
· Solid understanding of network and distributed computing concepts
· Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
· Working knowledge of Scaled SaaS solutions, SOA, microservices, REST, API development, message brokers, reactive programming
· Demonstrable expertise and experience in Scaled SaaS solutions, SOA, microservices, REST, API development, message brokers
· Extensive experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
· Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
· Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate architectural design patterns
· Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
· Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
· Ability to apply automation to tasks that require them
· Extensive knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tools, and technologies
· Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
· Knowledge of mobile development tools for iOS and Android
· Experience with PaaS technology such as Azure or AWS
· Experience with embedded software development
· Knowledge of security concepts such as encryption, certificates, and key management
· Knowledge of Industrial communications protocols (e.g. 610850 GOOSE, DNP3, Modbus)
· Experience developing near real-time applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time