Quality Analyst, Switchboard Assembly-1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Quality Analyst supporting Switchboard Assembly (1st shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Quality Analyst will perform a wide variety of assignments such as data collection, data entry, record keeping, customer visits, training, material containment, warranty support and root cause analysis. The position will be responsible for interacting with personnel inside and outside the plant including customers, satellites, distributors, assembly groups, materials, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will perform root cause analysis - Support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts by bringing attention to quality problems, participating on improvement teams, and working with front end, design, quality and production personnel to resolve problems. Troubleshoot, update, develop test setups and new procedures when current procedures are inaccurate.
· You will conduct process and product audits - Use Hi-Pot, continuity test, and component-specific testing devices to perform electrical testing. Verify components such as switches and circuit breakers function properly. Verify torqued connections using torque wrench, per inspection instructions. Conduct electrical and mechanical tests per safety and training requirements and procedures. (Hi-Pot)
· You will train manufacturing associates - Serve as informal trainer for production associates, communicate well with other associates, and build positive relationships that support job goals and teamwork. Providing assistance particularly for complex tasks and for product requirements that may not be precisely defined (i.e. barrier placement).
· You will inspect parts and products - To inspect equipment, ensuring it meets customer specification as well as safety and quality requirements. Inspect and Hi-Pot SWBD and Hi-Pot PNBD product produced on all lines, according to inspection work instructions and in accordance with applicable governmental and customer requirements, to confirm proper function of PNBDs, SWBDs and electrical components and identify any product non-conformances. Document inspections made on applicable checklist.
· You will collect and Analyze data - Ensure that suspect product is identified as such at all times to prevent unintended use. Thoroughly document non-conformances, which are critical quality records, to aid problem solving and continuous improvement efforts. Communicate production non-conformances to appropriate production personnel in a timely manner and verify required rework. Communicate design errors to appropriate front end personnel for correction, obtain revisions, and verify required rework.
· You will support Quality Tool deployment – ensure team members are aware of and trained on quality tools such as 5 Whys, Check Sheets, Pareto, Affinity Diagrams, and Control Charts as required. Support ISO audits and addressing of any findings or potential issues.
· You will support Eaton Quality System deployment – Ensure completion of EQS audits and deployment of tools within the affected lines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
· 2 years of experience with Panelboards and/or Switchboards and/or quality experience.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
· Associate Degree (completed) and 3-5 years operational or technical experience.
· Able to understand and discuss mechanical, electrical and electronic concepts.
· Strong computers skills. (Windows, Microsoft Office, AS400, WISPER, Calibration Database and VISTA).
· Quality Related Experience.
· Ability to verify components such as switches and circuit breakers function properly.
· Ability to verify torqued connections using torque wrench, per inspection instructions.
· Ability to perform root cause analysis
· Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
· Strong problem solving and continuous improvement skills
· Experience participating on improvement teams, and working with front end, design, quality and production personnel to resolve problems.
· Ability to conduct process and product audits
· Ability to train manufacturing associates - Serve as informal trainer for production associates, communicate well with other associates, and build positive relationships that support job objectives and teamwork.
· Ability to collects and analyzes data
· Ability to utilize PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time