Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assembler II - 1st Shift
Perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or UPS operation to complete final assembly of product.
Frequently lifts subassemblies and parts weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly while completing assembly process.
Work to blueprints, engineering drawings, bills of material, and wire charts of complex nature to establish procedures.
Incorporates Engineering change notices into assembly as required.
Responsible for visual inspections of material and prior assemblies before and after assembly.
Use various fixtures, gauges, assembly, and customized engineering tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
Check electrical/mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure compliance to Raleigh Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
Determines assembly methods based upon deadlines, part availability, and engineering specifications.
Evaluates assembly problems then recommends and implements corrective actions.
Reports irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
Adheres to work instructions and environmental, health safety rules and regulations.
Ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
Responsible for contributing to the implementation and ongoing use of continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
Use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a safe, clean and organized work area
- High School Diploma or GED required from an accredited educational institution
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, SOPs and engineering drawings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographical area (60 mile radius) will be considered.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings).
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of basic electricity.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime as required.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and conflict management ability.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate learning agility and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and listening skills.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift.
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring.
- Ability to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process.
- Ability to be flexible and travel an approximate distance of 20 miles from work location to neighboring Raleigh Area Plants (as needed/as required/occasionally).
- A minimum of two years of experience in manufacturing or electrical field.
- Two years of experience in electro-mechanical assembly.
- One year of previous work experience in an environment requiring physical endurance and coordination preferred.
- PRMS knowledge and proficiency preferred.
- Associates degree in electronics, manufacturing or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience with point-to-point wiring test using meters.
- Soldering certification or at least six months of soldering experience preferred.
- High level of mechanical and electrical aptitude preferred.
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No