Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator 1st Shift
- Duties include positioning parts into chucks, fixtures or loading machine; move selector levers for prescribed speeds; initiating machine cycle, removing machined part and check work.
- Work involves highly repetitive machine operations such as drilling, milling, tapping, reaming, boring, facing, threading, counterboring, etc. Maintain setup (setups made by others).
- Work from verbal instructions, method cards and job assignment tickets.
- Operate sequence prescribed.
- Check work with fixed gauges at prescribed intervals.
- Remove chips from machines and move material to and from work stations as directed.
- Perform a variety of similar and associated duties as required or directed.
- Detect and report faulty machine operations, defective material and unusual cases to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
Experience working with tapping, milling, and/or drill press machines
- Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Ability to use and read fixed gauges not requiring interpretation.
- Able to read, write, perform simple addition and subtraction, follow simple directions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No