Senior Engineering Technician
- You will test mechanical/electrical/electronic devices per certifying agency standards (UL, CSA and others) - Arc faults, ground faults, thermal electrical cycling, overload, short circuit, mechanical endurance, contact bounce, environmental test (controlling humidity and temperature)
- You will provide support to engineers in relation to product problems by procuring the necessary materials, performing analysis of components outside specification (dimensional, visual, among others) and delivering reports in a timely manner and on time.
- You will support the development and introduction to projects of new designs, product improvements and cost reduction.
- You will prototype fabrication and testing and support the design and implementation of new testing systems and introduction of new technologies.
- You will analyze trends based on the results of the tests.
- You will conduct failure analysis and problem solving in electronic, electromechanical and mechanical products based on the interpretation of existing specifications (drawings, list of materials, etc.).
- You will provide analysis and basic design of analog circuits, basic electronics and programming of PLC / Microcontrollers for laboratory tests that apply.
- You will document the results and conclusions of the laboratory tests, maintaining a database of the generated reports and ensuring that they comply with established procedures.
- You will manage product information systems to search for drawings, list of materials, etc.
- You will ensure the proper functioning of the equipment of the Laboratory and the calibration thereof.
- Associates degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing/developing electronic or electrical circuits
- Experience using test equipment such as multimeter, osciolloscope and others
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Warrendale, PA will be considered
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Previous experience testing electrical/electronic devices
- Strong experience using test equipment such as multimeter, osciolloscope and others.
- Have a good grasp over using computer based programs such as Microsoft office package
- Preferred: 1+ years of hands on experience with any UL/CSA standards
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with any of the following: CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma.
- Competencies: Thinks and Acts Strategically, Gets Results Through Self and Others, Build Organizational Capability, Demonstrates Eaton’s Leadership Style.
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software and PLC programming
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No