Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Media Development Specialist
Develop and implement instructional media solutions that create knowledge and skills in the Field Services organization.
Manage and support Eaton mechanisms to facilitate inter-organizational knowledge sharing and communication, helping set priorities, agendas, and disseminating and encouraging the adoption of best practices for semi-annual and periodic knowledge sharing meetings, web portal updates and content management
Help set Eaton Field Service learning requirements through the facilitation of stakeholder input and consensus-building activities in surveys, interviews, meetings and events. Help ensure field perspectives are reflected in all program outputs.
Help identify and document best practices and lessons learned from knowledge-sharing and management activities
Create and update standard and custom service media content in support of Eaton’s single-phase and three-phase UPS product lines
Create and update 3D illustrations for technical documentation using Creo Illustrate and IsoDraw
Design and develop blended instructional content using appropriate media and technology
Manage technical instructional content projects from the idea phase through delivery
Serve as a member of a collaborative project team, providing timely inputs to strategic planning, annual work planning, reporting, and other program outputs
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in instructional design, 3D illustration and video production or any combination thereof required.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with electronics
- Experience in an Engineering setting
- Experience in an Technical Service delivery setting
- Experience documenting complex electrical hardware systems
- Experience using 2D and 3D illustration software
- Experience producing instructional video content
- Experience using video editing software
- Five or more years of professional communications experience is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and use of a variety of sophisticated audio and visual media production equipment.
- Strong knowledge of the methods and techniques of video design and development of, audio and multi-image sound/slide programs.
- Ability to conceptualize and create concepts and scripts for media projects to meet a variety of user needs and to coordinate the production of media projects to completion.
- Skilled in operating cameras, lighting systems, video calibration equipment and video editing software.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize work, and to quickly shift priorities and projects in a rapid and efficient manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with simulation, illustration and video editing tools
- Experience with audio and video production hardware and software in a small production studio environment
- Strong Project Management mindset
- Experience with large technical service organizations
- Ability to interact with subject matter experts and project managers from Training, Engineering, Marketing, and other departments as necessary
- Ability to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities
- High level of skill using Microsoft Office products
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No