Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Master Technician
- Maintaining all facility electrical systems in accordance to all applicable codes, standards, and use specifications, including electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment from 12V to 13800V. This will include all main switchgear, main breakers, UPS units, generators, transfer switches, motors and control centers.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Eaton policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Utilize and interpret documents such as blue prints, Infra Structure drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Understand and comply with all Eaton Safety rules and requirements
- Apply knowledge in area of expertise to develop, correlate, and implement efficient building control, electrical equipment and HVAC .
- Trains and coaches others in area of expertise. Provides technical guidance and mentoring role to other technician peers.
- Plan and execute the activities for identifying, procuring, installing, and debugging new facility controls and systems with specialized sensors and alert devises.
- Develop and apply the technical and diagnostic skills to verify functionality of equipment.
- Learn and apply technical skills related to mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems toward establishing new building electrical devises.
- Creates and oversees the validation activities for new building control and monitoring equipment and devices
- Perform other duties as assigned as a facilities team member.
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical work experience
- Must have current Michigan Journeyman electrical license and maintain certification
- Valid Michigan Driver's License is required to operate company vehicles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Galesburg, MI will be considered.
- Working knowledge of state electrical codes
- Prior experience with basic hand tools
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Effective communication in response inquiries at various levels of the organization
- Experience with electrical component design and analysis
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs and frequently lift 50 lbs
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety standards, electrical codes (NFPA 70E, NEC, IEC), prints, schematics, layout diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals to ensure safe operation of equipment and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- 5 years of electrical work experience
- Associate degree in a technical discipline
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Cross-functional experience supporting maintenance
- Project management
- Industrial experience with high voltage and incident energy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time