Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Machine Operator - Afternoon Shift
- Operate CNC lathe, CNC hob, CNC shaper, CNC shavers, deburring equipment, and/or Hard Turn lathe, and/or Hard Finish machines, as assigned.
- Set up and operate assigned machines in a timely manner.
- Produce and maintain all part characteristics according to specifications as well as visually inspect tools for excessive wear.
- Select and install tooling as required by the process sheet for setup to manufacture the parts.
- Physical aspects of the job include lifting parts weighing as much as 20 pounds of rough forging
- Obtain inspection from gear lab and, if necessary, readjust setup to obtain proper spline or tooth
- form, lead, involute, finish and/or size.
- Inspect product samples for highest quality acceptance using proper inspection procedures and
- maintain S.P.C. charts, control plans, etc. as required.
- Performs minor and preventative maintenance as required and reports unusual conditions, safety issues or effective material to Coach.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and company policies.
- Assist in maintaining atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing plant goals by using our Quality systems (e.g. QS, 9000, TS 16949) an Environmental system (e.g., ISO 14000).
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts that support department and plant goals.
- Maintains work area housekeeping and assist in department/team housekeeping efforts.
- Assist in training new employees
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6 months of Machining experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Kings Mountain, NC will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- Blueprint reading experience
- Familiar with entering data into computers
- Experience with basic measuring tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No