Lead Accounting Specialist
Eaton’s Corporate Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking a Lead Accounting Specialist. The Lead Accounting Specialist will be based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Lead Accounting Specialist is responsible for completing a variety of specialized accounting functions with a primary focus on reporting the divisional financial results and position accurately and timely. Additionally, the position requires management of the capital authorization and expenditure process, with reporting and analysis provided directly to senior management of Crouse-Hinds. Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, an understanding of international business, and use of SAP, Hyperion/HFM, and Encore are requirements.
- Identify and resolve financial accounting issues. This includes the ability to assess when an issue should be raised to the Manager of Accounting and Compliance. In addition, a continuous focus on process improvement is expected.
- Help to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of financial results and position each month end.
- Independently prepare quarterly and annual reporting packages to Corporate Eaton Headquarters, which support disclosures within SEC Form 10-Q and 10-K, as well as other governmental reporting.
- Monitor fixed asset accounting and Capital Expenditure process. Present real-time analysis and summaries directly to Senior Management within Crouse-Hinds. Manage the work of a less senior member of the team in order to accomplish these functions.
- Monitor that Corporate intercompany issues are identified and resolved timely. This involves analyzing and communicating differences and resolving issues.
- Implement and monitor controls, process improvement, and procedure development and enforcement on an ongoing basis, in conjunction with the Accounting Manager.
- Prepare assigned monthly journal entries, and special entries as required by the Division Controller.
- Monitor that account reconciliations are completed in a timely manner for the division.
- Complete ad hoc accounting assignments as requested, often complex and confidential in nature.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting or financial analysis experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- MBA from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience is required.
- Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
- Experience at a manufacturing plant with cost accounting experience
- Experience within a multi-national organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to lead people within the group and across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate and present to senior level and executive management
- Ability to identify and implement standard work procedures and best practices
- Strong understanding of financial statements and application of accounting principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD HQ
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time