Senior Quality Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Győr production site in Hungary, reporting to the Manufacturing and Project Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing one single contact point of manufacturing location quality support to both external and internal customers, also, for receiving, documenting, prioritizing and leading proper analysis of customer concerns. Take ownership of customer related key process indicators like: number of complaints, responsiveness based on BU/Division strategic directives and effectiveness measurement related to repeated events.
In this role you would be linking reported issues with actual control process, re-evaluating relevant CP, FMEA, process documentation and making proposal for improved status of occurrence & detection. Based on internal, external and intercompany claim history, you would enforce the wider use of ad-hoc (sub)process audits in sync with process quality organization and develop customer requirement adoption process and satisfaction measurement to improve overall customer perception.
Senior Quality Engineer
Your key deliverables:
- Analyze tendency of operation performance from customer aspects and influence focused group resources in case of HSCQE event or repetition, escalations, etc.
- Drives the investigation and elimination of the root causes of customer quality incidents, promptly prepare & follow up corrective actions by using best practice and quality tools (5-Why, Ishikawa, 8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide...etc.)
- Drives and take part in formulate, maintain of Quality Planning Documents (CP, PFMEA) in line with relevant procedures, especially for new process / products / customer / compliance need.
- Informal team member of verification, validation of series production for bigger product groups/ranges, follow-up launch quality performance with at least key accounts.
- Actively participate in customer oriented process audits such as sourcing, order execution, control of production, outbound activities if not more widely defined. Correlates prepared questionnaire with customer findings and behave as customer representative during audit execution.
- Providing expertise and assists operations, customers, suppliers with product and process quality requirements as needed.
- Provide first-hand reliable information about customer raised issues and make it understand at the right execution level within functional teams and/or shopfloor.
- Contribute in the preparation and continuous improvement of the QMS (EQS) documentation, lead and / or participate and support external, internal audits.
- Work closely with all functional areas (Customer Service, Production, Engineering, Design, Supply Chain) and the quality team.
- Based on IATF16949 requirement of defining roles and authorities, Project Quality Engineer has the following activities covered: ensuring that the processes he is responsible for are delivering their intended outputs and reporting on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement, in particular to top management.
- Educated at Bachelor’s technical degree or related field?
- Possessing knowledge and experience of problem solving methods & quality tools?
- Highly experienced of Control Plan, FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP?
- Having Quality system knowledge (ISO9001 desired, ISO/TS16949 or IATF16949 is advantage)?
- Experienced in performing quality process audits?
- Having at least 3 years’ experience in quality assurance in a production environment?
- Proficient in MS Office applications?
- Fluent in English language?
- Having good time management and priority setting skills?
- Having good analytical skills and systems thinking?
- Able to read and understand blue prints and specifications/
- Having a basic understanding of product material properties?
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only