Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton's Cooper Bussmann Division has an opening for :
Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Hungary - Győr
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The main purpose of the role is to resource project teams with quality function to enable proper project management including quality related tasks, decisions and customer interface. Receive, document, prioritize and lead proper analysis of customer requirements. Take ownership of new product implementation related key process indicators like:
- PPAP on-time
- Customer audit success and action plan follow-up in development phase
- Primarily responsible for manufacturing process validation, and to prepare Project Quality work package contents for project management gate reviews.
The position reports to the Manufacturing and Project Engineering Manager
Your key deliverables :
- During product development phase, the function is keeping contact with automotive customer for quality related topics while the project is handed over to serial conditions.
- Representing Quality function for specific new product implementation and takes care of customer requirement adoption process, supports product builds and pre-production activities, works closely with Project Engineering to establish stable manufacturing and effective inspection process.
- Drives the investigation and elimination of the root causes of customer quality incidents in early project phase, promptly prepare & follow up corrective actions by using best practice and quality tools (5-Why, Ishikawa, 8D, Drill Deep Drill Wide...etc.)
- Takes care of new product inspection plan definition including measurement methodologies, tools & technics and temporary process controls, all compiled in Control Plan.
- Integral part of IATF16949 process improvement related to DFMEA/PFMEA/CP proper harmonization and development, prepares serial manufacturing to effectively control special characteristics.
- Actively participating in project meetings/reviews, collaborates with design authority and Project Management to achieve customer sampling and SOP dates.
- Execute internal process and product audits at different project maturity level to check and report the actual status of those for project gate reviews.
- Analyze tendency of operation qualitative performance during ramp-up stage to ensure stable result will be achieved with high graded customer satisfaction.
- Contribute in the preparation and continuous improvement of the QMS (EQS) documentation, lead and / or participate and support external, internal audits.
- Work closely with all functional areas (Customer Service, Production, Engineering, Design, Supply Chain) and the quality team.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on continouos improvement of quality – than please apply.
- Bachelor’s technical degree or related field
- Knowledge & experience of problem solving methods & quality tools
- Knowledge & experience of Control Plan, FMEA, SPC, MSA, APQP
- Quality system knowledge (IATF16949 is desired)
- Experience in performing quality process audits
- Min. 5 year experience in quality assurance in a development or mass production environment
- MS Office applications
- Good English skills and proficiency in Hungarian
- Good time, project management and priority setting skills
- Systems thinking
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and specifications
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only