EATON’s Power Quality Division has an opening for a:
Rail Segment Sales Engineer
Location: Le Lieu (CH) ou Nanterre (FR)
The Le Lieu site employs around 40 people. It is a high tech hub for Rail applications and Energy Storage.
The Rail Segment Sales Engineer will be responsible for working with the sales organizations, key account managers and regional segment manager to drive profitable growth through integrated business development and sales activities on the France market.
The rail segment sales engineer is expected to increase sales of Heinemann and lead business development activities for Eaton products. He will lead and implement the agreed actions and sales activities for the assigned segment.
• Develop the sales with the target market for the assigned products lines by visiting major decision makers and customers, opening the opportunities to major projects and follow up actions in order to:
- optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin
- drive increase in sales in the marketplace
- manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers
- develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota
• Work with sales, key account managers and regional sales leader to implement operational action plans, set up growth plans and targets with sales leaders
• Provide initial application engineering support and work close with AE teams to ensure spec-in activities and prescription of our solutions
• Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company Terms and Conditions after approval of the management
• Support total quality and delivery performance by providing timely and accurate information for order entry and elevating quality issues to attention of management
• Collect, analyze, and utilize VOC and market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits in order to
• Identify, prospect and develop new projects sales and enlarge product portfolio sales with targeted customers
• Contribute to the definition of the marketing seasons topics
• Bachelor’s Degree; Electrical technical background;
• Minimum of 5-7 years Sales management experience in a multinational environment
• Fluency in French and English
• Strong business development and sales skills
• Strong knowledge of rail segment – mainly rolling stock
• Strong project management skills
• Takes initiative, seeks solutions, works independently
• Dedicated and persistent
• Good numerical skills including a knowledge of reporting
• Strong communications skills –both written and verbal communications
What Eaton offers:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. Were ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and were committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologie and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time